Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fig & ginger muffins

Fig & ginger muffins

125g ground almonds
125g dark brown sugar (or 60g fruit sugar & 40g B sugar)
Good1/2 tsb baking powder
1/4 tsb cinnamon
125 ready to eat dried figs
60g cristalised ginger
Juice & zest of 1 orange
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas 5
Mix tog almonds, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon
untill well combined.
Remove stalks from figs, whizz in blender with ginger, o juice & zest
for a few seconds till forms a paste.
Combine fig mix with almond mix, then thoroughly beat in eggs 1 at a time
untill you have a smooth batter.
Devide between 12 cupcake cases.
bake for 20-25mins, remove from tin to cool.
Yummy and moist. they freeze well, if they last that long.

4 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

Now. This should be easy enough to figure out a sugar-free version!
Delicious!

marta said...

YUM!!!!

I have a special request, I know I asked you before but I can´t remember - Homemade Yogurt, I love it! do yo still make it?

Deirdre said...

Would you believe it Marta, I had been thinking of starting to make Yogurt again. Like so many other things it was put on hold over 4 years ago, so I will have to find the recipe and start all over. I will post it when I find it.

Emma said...

Wow, these look delicious, Mum. I will have to try some of them very soon.